Where to specify dual seals
WHERE TO SPECIFY DUAL (TWO) SEALS IN AN APPLICATION 19-08
- To prevent a costly product from leaking to the atmosphere..
- To prevent a dangerous product from leaking to the atmosphere.
- To prevent a pollutant or fugitive emission from escaping to the atmosphere.
- To prevent damage to the pump, base-plate, and surrounding area when the mechanical seal fails, as well as the clean up cost involved.
- To contain a vacuum if a rotating shaft is running through the vessel.
- As a back up seal to prevent costly down time when the first seal wears out or fails. This is an important element in any predictive maintenance program.
- To control the environment outboard the primary seal.
- To control the environment at the primary seal faces.
- To stage the pressure in a high pressure application.
- To prevent a pressure drop across the o-rings in an ethylene oxide application.