CALCULATING THE FRICTION
LOSS IN METRIC SIZE PIPING
SOME NOTES FOR THE METRIC PIPE FRICTION CHART SHOWN BELOW
- The chart is calculated for fresh water at 15°C.
- Use actual bores rather than nominal pipe size.
- For stainless steel pipe multiply the numbers by 1.1.
- For steel pipe multiply the numbers by 1.3
- For cast iron pipe multiply the numbers by 1.7
- The losses are calculated for a fluid viscosity similar to
THE FOLLOWING CHART WILL
LET YOU CALCULATE THE LOSES THROUGH VARIOUS TYPE VALVES AND
Link to Mc Nally home page