- 90 degrees to the centerline of the shaft.
- In an end suction centrifugal pump it is the bearing located
closest to the stuffing box. This bearing handles most of the
radial loads put on the impeller.
- A method of manufacturing silicone carbide mechanical seal
faces. These materials are sensitive to caustic and some other
high pH liquids.
- Used to measure low temperatures in the Fahrenheit scale.
Similar to Kelvin which is used to measure low temperatures in the
- A second impeller used to lower the stuffing box
- A common type of hydraulic balance used on outside mounted
- A shaft with a rotating speed lower than its first critical
- Root mean square. A measure of surface finish or smoothness.
Metric uses C.L.A. or centerline average for the same
- The scale most often used to measure hardness of the hard seal
- When the spring loaded or moveable portion of the seal rotates
with the shaft.
- Twice the distance that the center of the shaft is displaced
from the axis of rotation.
For information about my CD,
with over 600 Seal & Pump Subjects
Link to Mc Nally home page