- Less than atmospheric pressure.
- The net positive suction head available to prevent cavitation
of the pump. It is defined as: Atmospheric pressure + gage
pressure + static pressure - vapor pressure - friction loss in the
- Net positive suction head required to stop a pump from
cavitating. This number is given to you by the pump manufacturer.
Since the number was generated by testing with cold fresh water,
it can be lowered in some cases if you are pumping hot water or
- A metric unit of force. Kilogram x gravity.
- A fluid that does not change viscosity as it is agitated.
- The fluid that will not maintain a film thickness of at least
one micron at its operating temperature and load. A concern with
For information about my CD,
with over 600 Seal & Pump Subjects
Link to Mc Nally home page