- In metal bellows terminology it is the calculated diameter
where the pressure penetrates between the metal plates. This
number is used to determine the hydraulic balance diameter of the
- Power out of the equipment divided by power in.
- The stressed part retains its memory and returns to its
- A rubber like material that, when compressed and then released
will return to 90% of its original shape in less than five
- A process involving chemical change caused by the passage of
an electric current through a liquid.
- Beyond this point the metal will fatigue without increasing
- Environmental protection agency. A government agency with a
mandate to protect the environment.
- Ethylene propylene rubber. The most common elastomer used in
the sealing of water based and higher pH materials. Cannot be used
in petroleum products.
- Permanent displacement of a portion of the O-ring into a gap,
under the action of fluid pressure.
Eye of the impeller
- The center of the impeller, where the fluid enters.
For information about my CD,
with over 600 Seal & Pump Subjects
Link to Mc Nally home page